The La Jolla Historical Society Presents: 1983 - La Jollans Knickers in a Knot: BLOB and the PDO
This panel discussion reviews the causes, history, development, and results of the Ban Large Office Buildings (BLOB) and Planned District Ordinance (PDO) of the 1980's.
Join us on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7 pm in the Van Schaick Room, St.-James-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 743 Prospect Street, La Jolla.
The following people are participating as panel members:
- Angeles Leira - Former City Staff Member and LJPDO Ordinance Author
- Robert Collins - Former LJPDO Advisory Committee Member
- Orrin Gabsch - LJPDO Advisory Committee Member
- Mark Fehlman - Sculpture/ Architect and chairman of Citizens Ordincance Review Committee, 1985
- Iona Stiegler - Architect and Chairman of Citizens Ordinance Review Committee, 1985
- James Alcorn - Architect/ Moderator - Former Member LJPDO Advisory Committee Member and Community Review Liason, 1984
Photographer Unknown. Image from LJHS Archive.